The Acoustical Society of Italy (AIA) was founded on 10th February 1972 as a not-for-profit, apolitical, scientific association, without any commercial or industrial objective, in order to promote and encourage the studies on acoustics and its related problems in the scientific, technical, normative, industrial, social, professional and educational fields.
The activities of AIA are aimed at:
- favouring the exchange of technical and scientific information, as well as the cooperation among its members;
- encouraging and promoting contacts with other national and international associations;
- disseminating research results and news regarding the different topics of acoustics. Since 1977 the Rivista Italiana di Acustica is published quarterly by the Associazione Italiana di Acustica (AIA) and is its main information medium. An annual conference and other events are regularly organised by AIA as an occasion of exchange of information between members and non members. The proceedings are published by AIA.
President: Francesco Asdrubali
General Secretary: Sergio Luzzi
Treasurer: Francesca Pedrielli
BOARD of DIRECTORS
Past president: Eleonora Carletti
Antonino Di Bella
- a founding association of the European Acoustics Association (EAA);
- a member of the International Commission for Acoustics (ICA);
- a member of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE);
- a member of Italian Standardization Body (UNI).
In 2011 AIA signed an Agreement of cooperation with the International Institute of Sound and Vibration (IIAV).
AFFILIATED SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATIONS Audio Engineering Society Italian Section (AES Italia) Associazione Italiana Condizionamento dell’aria, Riscaldamento e Refrigerazione (AICARR) Associazione Italiana Igienisti Ambientali (AIDII) International Building Performance Simulation Association – Italia (IBPSA ITALIA) Società Italiana di Audiologia e Foniatria (SIAF) Società Italiana di Ergonomia e Fattori Umani (SIE)
Foster Virginio BIANCHI